Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Thanks for the Orphan Blocks

Orphan blocks sent to me from Calgary!!
I have received two sets of "orphan" blocks recently.   I was very happy with both sets. The first set had a lot of wedding ring pieces in it, some finished rings and some with the rails done.  Was very happy with this set from Michigan.
   Yesterday, I got another package from Calgary, Alberta Canada.  It was a much smaller package and I was wondering  what was in it.   SOOOOO,  I opened it.   This almost finished quilt popped out.  Wow, was I surprised.   I played with them, this way and that way.   This is what I came up with.   I think for the quilt shown, there must be another block or two.  So I slipped in the bear applique block and an archway type block (that was also in the package) to fill in.   With a little bit of added tone on tone off white and playing with a few extra geese blocks, it will make a nice topper for a full size bed.  Of course, I will add borders.   Anyway, I just love it Donna.  It will be put together real soon.   Thanks a lot!!!!!
    So, someone's unwanted blocks become another's treasure!!!!!!

1 comment: