Thursday, January 10, 2013

Easy does it on Easy Street!!!

Here's my Heart!
     Here's my Heart quilt as a flimsy!   Need to get it quilted, maybe today.   I really would like to take it to LQS and do it on the long arm but, since I need to teach students how to machine quilt,  I have to do it at home.  (frown, hooked on longarm quilting now)  This is my version of the JoAnn's quilt to teach.   I did not like there version at all.  It had 4 rows of hearts with 7 long.  It had very wide 15"  borders of small print fabric.    I liked it 5 x 6 but still had to add borders to fit a twin bed.  Really liked it with just the red sashing, but it just wasn't big enough.  Soooo,  I tried different fabrics and nothing worked.  Decided that the heart fabic was the one.  I still didn't like it next to the red.   I tried to add a small border but nothing worked.  Said "Ah, what about a pink border".  Could not find enough pink in my stash!!!   I decided to use what I had of small pieces.  It worked very well.  The heart fabric border does look  wide in this pic.  It is only 7 1/2"  and it looks good as a whole.  It really needed the pink inner border.  Love this one.
    Easy Street!!!!   Kept up with all the steps as they came out except it took an extra day to complete step 7.   I decided not to look at step 8 til 7 was done.    So now, I am strolling slowly down Easy Street because I don't  want to end this journey.   I am doing the blocks as fillers, maybe one a night. I have 2 finished.  Needed to finish the heart quilt, a baby quilt and a Linus quilt.  So easy does it on Easy Street.   The Linus quilt is done, Hearts is a flimsy and baby quilt is ready to quilt on my home machine.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment