Saturday, December 8, 2012

EASY STREET step 3 DONE!!!

FRONT

BACK


STEP 3 DONE!

Well, What do you think??   Front or back of the turquios fabric.
The finished block sets show the true color of the fabric.   As you can see, I liked the back of the fabric better.
I got this on the freebie table at our guild meeting.   I have picked up lots of fabric that others don't want or don't like.  For example, the front of this one.  I did not like it at all, but I have put some of it to good use.   This is the second quilt I have used it in.    Have plenty more to find something to use it on.  Hummmmmm, maybe the back of this quilt???
Anyway,   Easy Street Mystery step 3 is done.   I really enjoyed making this unit.   Went together real well using the easy angle ruler.  Very little trimming.  I have always had trouble making detailed quilts, always went for the big block UNTIL  Bonnie Hunter.   I love doing the intricate work now.  String piecing,   half-square triangles,  flying geese are all units I struggled with. Now, they are fun.   LOVE IT!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Good job! I have zero problems with using both sides of fabric, I paid for both sides ;)
    Sharyn in Kalama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting the two sides of that fabric...and yes, you can use either side...you paid for both..I agree with Sharyn!! LOL
    Love these blocks, I can't piece easy street this go around. I have too many deadline looming over me right now....ugh! Happy Sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the front side of this fab wouldn't have looked good at all. Good call on using the back side. I do that sometimes also. However, every once in a while I do it serendipitously. Oops, bad eyes and not enough light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good idea to audition the back of the fabric--and free, at that :) Bonnie has a great brain and is so generous to share it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree. Making those units repeatly sharpens the skill....and my piecing skills have improved with each project. Bonnie knows her stuff, no doubt. I like the back better for this unit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look fab as you used them. Your units look great. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your patches look fantastic. Clue 4 is nearly here – woo hoo! I wouldn't have thought to use the back of the fabric - good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of your fabric, the back is much better here. Love your colours.

    ReplyDelete