Thursday, December 27, 2012

Dreams come true at Christmas!!!

My dreams came true.  This is a gift from my sons!
easy street step 5, done on time
Heart quilt for a class at JoAnn's (more pics to follow)
 
This has truly been a busy week.   With all the finishing up of Christmas things, wrapping, putting up the tree, making pies, etc, etc,  I still managed to get step 5 completed and make 30 heart blocks for a quilt for a class at JoAnn's.   I guess that was the only way to keep my sanity with a newly retired Hubby.
Was sharing about this White machine I spotted at an antique shop with my youngest son.  He and his brother got it for me for Christmas, yeah, totally unexpected.    It is well worn but I cleaned it up and oiled it last night,  tested the motor, but it was toooooo late to actually sew on it.  Today, I will thread the beast and check it out properly.   It is real heavy duty, says canvas and leather too, wow!!!!    The fabric on it had a very nice stitch, so am sure it will work well.  I just love it.  I know, after the Bonnie tradition, it needs a name..  ????? A real workhorse and a beast.    Maybe Fiona, after shrek!!!!  
CAN'T WAIT!!!    I also signed up for Bonnie's Alaska cruise!!!!!  Boy, oh, Boy,  so excited!!!!! I am really nervous, too.   Haven't flown since 1966, never cruised or been further west than East Tennessee.   Will really be losts of firsts for me at my age.  But,  I am still so looking forward to it.
Still need a cabinmate, if anyone is interested!!!  Love to have you join me!!!

2 comments:

  1. You have really good sons!! Mind you, I'm not complaining about mine - they did get me a gift certificate to the local quilting store! Your Easy Street units look great, I'm still trying to get mine finished before tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift from your boys! I think Fiona is a PERFECT name for her. You lucky thing going on the cruise - I wish I could come on over, it will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete