Wednesday, September 26, 2012

One day of needle work challenge

rays of sun in the sky (upside down)
one hours worth

 five hours of hand applique yesterday, while at the Cumberland fair watching ox pulling.
     Okay, so Monday I goofed off.   Well, I was at the fair and did my oxen powderpuff pull (got 5th out of 11 teams) at Cumberland fair.  When I got home, I was just toooooo tired to do any quilting.  
      So, yesterday, I took my hand applique fish scene to the fair to work on while I watched the pulling with my hubby.  I sat there for more than 5 hours and worked on my fish scene.  This is a class that I took with Jo Diggs from Portland, Maine.   Loved her work for years and finally got to take a class.   Have finished a couple of pieces already.
  Tonight I did my hour on my quilt.   I have completed one side of the outer row of mountains, only the sky portion. You can see the moose parading around the outside border.  It is looking better all the time.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment