Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Appalachian Trail Marker
Central wreat of flowers
with Names and
Date of Wedding!


Sun rising out of the corners of the
Delectable Mountains.


Yes, of course,  a Moose
hard to see, harder to quilt.
Looks good on the quilt.
     I am still learning this Blog thingy, but hope to improve soon.
Thanks Bonnie, for encouraging me to get back to quilting this queen size quilt.  It will have 28 moose around the border, with the "AT" markers in the outside border corners.
     This is a special quilt for my son and his bride.   They are both hikers and climbed mountains.  When my son proposed on top of Cadillac Mt. in Acadia National Park, I knew I had to make Delectable Mountains.   They both love Moose and the Appalachian trail so that is why these are quilted in.  It may take me years to finish, but Bonnie has challenged me to JUST GET BUSY AND SO IT.  So I am.
I have done the center, the sun rises, the AT markers and ONE moose.  Actually I did 3 moose, but the first 2 were traveling aroung the quilt on their antlers--- so it took me 20 minutes to rip them out and start over.   Now, this moose is at least walking in the right direction.   It takes about 45 minutes to quilt the moose (stupid antlers). Having trouble with marking staying on, or able to show up on this color.  Purple marker shows up, but disappears before I can quilt it all.   White marker does not show up enough.   Will experiment more tonight in my hour of quilting.  Ramona of Maine

6 comments:

  1. Ramona, the moose is so fun. How could they not love this quilt and smile each time they see it. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt, the moose looks so cute. great idea. Don't you just love Bonnie's challenge to us all to hand sew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be such a special quilt for the couple when you are done. You have to keep going--it will be so much fun. I have just started a blog so I can join this group--have to learn how to upload pictures & my son has been in the moving phase--so he isn't helping me right now!! Knowing you are working on blogging, encourages me to keep going!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the moose you'll be an expert moose quilter by the time you've done 28!! I'm sure your Son and DIL will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so pleased that Bonnie inspired us to get busy on hand quilting. I have been putting this off. My DIL comes to visit her quilt every once in a while. She will be glad at how much I have accomplished.

    ReplyDelete