Wednesday, September 19, 2012

New pattern for my Accuquilt

free handout from Moda
uses 1/2 square triangles, 4 patches and 4 1/2 squares,  all components of the one die that comes with Accuquilt
I spotted this pattern at the LQS this AM.  can't wait to try it out.  Should be lots of fun to do with any scraps.
My suggestion is get that machine out, cut scraps and PLAY, PLAY, PLAY!!!!!!  Keep arranging the shapes into different blocks
I also keep my eyes open for any quilt block that can utilize these shapes, even if the pieces in the quilt block are made of different shapes----it works just the same.   Anyway, I love it and am having fun discovering the possibilities of this one die.  Also purchased the hexagon die so I would have hexies cut to sew for handwork.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you finding uses for that value die. I got a GO cutter this weekend also, and splurged on the 2-1/2" strip cutter. Been busy cutting those as I fold and organize my stash. (That's a long, ongoing project--LOL.) The GO cutter sure helps, doesn't it? BTW, LOVE the moose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just discovering this and would like to knowif there is anyplacethey are beingsold ib Mainw si I can actually see it work

    my email is kitwarner7@gmail.com
    thanks a bunch !!

    ReplyDelete