Sunday, September 23, 2012

My old sewing buddy

Bummy, my helper?
 
     Bonnie, you said you liked kitties and sewing machines,  well. here he is. Lost him last year, but he was my helper for many years.  That is where he liked to sit while I was sewing.  I always had to move his tail out of the way!!!!!,  Either that or he was the other way arround, trying to catch the thread take up lever.
     Started on my sky blocks last night.  Decided to continue the sunrise theme in them.   So far so good.   It is a lot eaiser to do staight lines, than those stupid antlers.   This quilt has led me all the way, even to the Katahdin batting, a Maine-made batting named for the highest mountain in Maine.  Went to the LQS to get a wool batt for it and was asked if I had tried the Katahdin batting.  I said "oh no, with my theme that had to be the batting for the quilt."   My Josh just loves Mt. Katahdin in Baxter State Park.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your loss, Ramona. I love kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We raised Bumbles (Bummy) when his mother was killed by a coyote. He had just opened his eyes. We had him for 11 years and I think he went the way of his mother. He left and never came back. We sorely miss him, even though we have two other cats.

    ReplyDelete