Sunday, October 7, 2012

Small fabric challenge

back of grey block to show quilting
 

from of block (can't see quilting)

one of my favorite marking templates (leaves galore ruler)
design I chose
 
this is the back and front flap of the bag with simple curved line quilting
 

handy book for quilting patterns

This is a small block that is part of a small bag that I am creating for a fabric challenge.  I needed to quilt it a little since I put batting in the middle instead of fleece.   Looked in my book to find a pattern.  Harriet Hargrave has a lot of designs in this book.  I found one I liked and figured by using the Leaves galore ruler I could duplicate it (somewhat).  It was very easy to do using the ruler.  I have used it to mark several projects, but have not used it to make leaves with yet.
Now that the quilting is done, I need to put it together.

How does this look for a finished fabric challenge?  It was fun.  Not too big, but just right for my phone, and small essentials.  Came out a lot better than I had hoped.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment