Monday, July 29, 2013

18 days to go!

notice the light on my treadle!
BBQ utensil light.???
When Bonnie Hunter told about the magnetic light for the featherweight, I started thinking about it.
When I was in Tractor Supply yesterday, I noticed this little light.  HMMMM, maybe that would work.   It was only $3.99 so I got it.   Works great!!!.   So, today I went back and bought the last one for my Featherweight.  I am a happy camper.  Since it was the last one, I thought I would check it out to see if I could find more.   Amazon.com here we come.  http://www.amazon.com/patio-lawn-garden/dp/B0042AUIEW   This is what I found for $6.92 if you have Prime it is free shipping.  Just look for BBQ utensil magnetic  light, and there it was.
   As for quilting, let's see,  I had 3 quilts hung in the Maine State Quilt Show put on by the Pine Tree Quilter's Guild.  I was so excited, yes, I have put in quilts before but not 3.   They were all Bonnie Hunter designs:  Easy Street,  Scrappy (Purple) Mountain Majesties and Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll.  I did not have them judged, chicken, I guess.  I think the show will be up on the Maine Quilts website soon.   They are pretty good about posting pictures.
    I am presently working on a scrappy apple core. I was busy cutting up scraps and had purchased the apple core die for my "GO" so, the bigger pieces went into apple cores.  I was laying it out with the group and they wanted to see how it would come out.   Now I have it  about  half done.   I am using a scrappy 4 patch as my leaders and enders. They will be alternated with 6 inch double pink squares.  I saw this quilt at an antique shop and really liked it.   I already have enough 2 patches, now to put them together.  Smith Mountain morning and Jamestown landing still on hold.  BECAUSE, I will be starting another BH quilt when we cruise to ALASKA in 18 days.  Can't wait!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment