Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I have had a busy time since I last posted

My Hubby after his stroke
On September 17, 2013 my Hubby had a stroke.   He was in the hospital and New England Rehab until October 11.
I went to Portland everyday from 6 to 8 hours a day to help with and learn how to take care of him.   I helped with therapy and how to take care of him when he came  home.  It was a very tiring time.   My daughter from Virginia stayed with me from Oct. 1 to 21.  She was a big help and comfort. 

Post surgery
On November 25th, he had surgery on his Carotid artery.  Again he was overnight in the hospital in Portland.
My daughter again came from Virginia to help out.   My oldest grandson came with her.  They were a real comfort.
My second attempt at Longarm quilting

close-up of cowboy block
This is the cowboy quilt I made for my son for his 45th birthday.   He was very pleased with it.  I am still  finishing sewing on the binding by hand.
I have been working on another quilt that I will show at a later date.   I have also been working on Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice.
I have clue 1 & 2 done and working on clue 3.    I had to put these on hold in order to finish the Cowboy quilt.  I actually worked on clue 3 as leaders and enders.   
   As far as Hubby goes, he is coming along slowly.   After Rehab he developed hand and shoulder syndrome.   It caused him lots of pain.   With the new meds that seems to be helping the pain.   He is doing more with his hand.   He can walk without his cane now, but  only on even going and inside.  Takes a long time to get over this.   But, his spirits are good.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your blog and photos, Ramona. Good for you. You deserve a medal. You forgot to mention all the daily chores you have to do with your 'babies'. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on quilting on, Ramona!! Don't worry about how fast or how far you can go....you will do it as time allows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you and your husband. Your cowboy quilt is lovely! Your units look very nice. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete